- The department shall issue a driver license to a qualified applicant. The driver license shall contain a distinguishing number assigned to the licensee, the license class, any endorsements, the licensee's full name, date of birth and residence address, a brief description of the licensee and either a facsimile of the signature of the licensee or a space on which the licensee is required to write the licensee's usual signature with pen and ink. A driver license is not valid until it is signed by the licensee. On request of an applicant, the department shall allow the applicant to provide on the driver license a post office box address that is regularly used by the applicant and that is located in the county in which the applicant resides.
- An application for a driver license and the driver license issued shall contain the photo image of the applicant or licensee. The department shall use a process in the issuance of driver licenses that prohibits as nearly as possible the ability to alter or reproduce the license or that prohibits the ability to superimpose a photo image on the license without ready detection. The department shall process driver licenses and photo images in color. This subsection does not apply to a driver license that is renewed by mail pursuant to section 28-3172.
- An applicant who is sixteen or older but under twenty-four years of age shall provide the department with satisfactory proof of the applicant's legal name and date of birth.
- If a person is qualified for a driver license and is under the legal drinking age, the department shall issue a license that is marked by color, code or design to immediately distinguish it from a license issued to a person of legal drinking age. The department shall indicate on the driver license issued pursuant to this subsection the year in which the person will attain the legal drinking age.
- The department shall mark a special ignition interlock restricted driver license issued pursuant to chapter 4, article 3.1 of this title by color, code or design to immediately distinguish it from other licenses issued by the department.
- If a person is qualified for a driver license but is subject to the certified ignition interlock device limitations prescribed in section 28-1381, 28-1382, 28-1383 or 28-3319, the department shall issue a license that is marked by color, code or design to immediately distinguish it from other licenses issued by the department.
- The department shall not include information in the magnetic stripe and bar code of a driver license other than information that the department is authorized to obtain and place on a driver license pursuant to this article.
- If a minor has been emancipated pursuant to title 12, chapter 15, on application and proof of emancipation, the department shall issue a driver license that contains the words "emancipated minor".