R19-1-110. Sign Limitations
- A person, firm, or corporation engaged in business as a manufacturer, distiller, brewer, vintner, or wholesaler or any officer, director, agent, or employee of such person may lend, to the retailer any sign for interior or exterior use provided:
- The sign must bear conspicuous and substantial advertising matter about a product of the manufacturer, distiller, brewer, vintner, or wholesaler.
- The cost of the sign may not exceed $400.
- A sign may not be utilitarian except as to its advertising or information content.
- No such signs shall be offered or furnished by any manufacturer, distiller, brewer, vintner or wholesaler or by any officer, director, agent, or employee thereof, or by any other person as an inducement to the retailer to purchase or use the products of such manufacturer, distiller, brewer, vintner or wholesaler to the exclusion in whole or in part of the product of any competitor.
- No signs or other advertising matter used in connection with the licensed premises of any retailer of alcoholic beverages shall be obscene as determined by applying contemporary state standards.
- Licensed special events are not subject to the limitations of subsections (A)(1) through (3).