R19-1-204. Obtaining a Quota License
- The number of quota licenses that the Department may issue in a county is limited.
- Before issuing a new quota license in a particular county, the Department shall provide notice through available media of its intent to issue a new quota license, the particular kind of quota license to be issued, and invite interested persons in the county to inform the Department of their interest in the manner prescribed by the Department.
- If the number of interested persons in a particular county exceeds the number of specified quota licenses available, the Department shall use a random selection method to determine priority of individuals who have applied for a new quota license.
- Before a new quota license is issued to a successful applicant, the applicant shall pay:
- The issuance fee and applicable surcharges prescribed under A.R.S. § 4-209;
- One-half of the annual renewal fee if the license will be issued less than six months before it is scheduled to be renewed; and
- The fair market value of the quota license, as determined by the Department.
- This Section is authorized by A.R.S. § 4-206.01.