Budget and Finance
Fees collected by DLLC which are not deposited into the state's General Fund are distributed as follows:
- One-third (1/3) of all license fees are reserved and returned to the county of origin. Licensing fees deposited into the General Fund are disbursed to the counties with the exception of Maricopa and Pima. These two counties receive three thousand (3,000) dollars per license that they issue in unincorporated areas. The remainder of the license fees, and all other receipts, are retained by the state General Fund. Reference A.R.S. Â§ 4-115.
- Fees from special event liquor permits (series 15) are transferred to the Department of Health Services. Reference A.R.S. Â§ 4-203.02 (A)1.
- Fees from club licenses (series 14) are transferred to the Department of Economic Security's Division of Developmental Disabilities. Reference A.R.S. Â§ 4-116.
- A surcharge of thirty (30) dollars per license renewal for bar (series 6), beer and wine bar (series 7), and restaurant (series 12) is assessed, with industry support, for funding DLLC's Audit Unit. Reference A.R.S. Â§ 4-209 (J).
- A surcharge of thirty-five (35) dollars per license is used to investigate licensees who have been the subject of multiple complaints to DLLC. Reference A.R.S. Â§ 4-209 (K).
- A surcharge of twenty (20) dollars per license renewal for hotel/motel with restaurant (series 11) and restaurant (series 12) licenses, and thirty-five (35) dollars for all other licenses types, is assessed for a neighborhood association interaction/liquor enforcement unit. Reference A.R.S. Â§4-209 (L).
- Money received for processing fingerprints is transferred to the Department of Public Safety to pay the FBI for fingerprint review charges.
For more information, please view our Organizational Chart.